Sat, Feb 20|
Postnatal & Beyond Workshop
A 1.5 hr workshop led by Dr Erin Jarrett, pelvic health physical therapist. With over a decade of experience treating pre+postpartum conditions, as well as chronic pelvic pain and sexual dysfunction, Erin is excited to be able to teach women how to reconnect with their bodies after baby.
Time & Location
Feb 20, 2021, 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM CST
Marathon Pilates, 2907 12th Avenue South #4, Nashville, TN 37204, USA
About the event
Whether you are 6 weeks postpartum or 6 years, you can benefit from this postnatal & beyond workshop, where we will focus on posture correction, pelvic floor activation and how to rebuild your core in the correct sequence/way.
Through an interactive approach we will learn about the pelvic anatomy, discuss common pelvic conditions and related symptoms, and we will review specific exercises to rebalance and rebuild your body.
Goals of the workshop:
- Learn the difference between a weak vs tight pelvic floor
- Learn how your posture can affect muscle activation/firing along with improving your pelvic floor function
- Learn about common pelvic floor and related conditions and symptoms to watch out for (urinary urgency/frequency, leakage, painful sex, prolapse, constipation, pelvic/groin pain, sciatica/piriformis syndrome)
- Learn specific exercises to keep your body healthy and happy and avoid issues down the road
Not sure this workshop is for you... if you answer yes or maybe to any of the below, join us!
- Do you feel like your abs have never been the same after childbirth?
- Do you leak urine with coughing, sneezing or exercise?
- Did you know untreated DR can cause LBP, leakage and prolapse even 20 years after childbirth?!
- Did you know that most women never relearn how to stand properly affecting their core and pelvic floor function, which can lead to pelvic floor dysfunction and related issues?
- Did you know that postpartum physical therapy is part of the standard of postpartum care in other countries, such as France? Every person who births a baby is offered this service for “perineal re-education.”
*For more information or questions, please contact email@example.com